What is it about traveling that really grabs our attention? Here’s just thirteen of many, many reasons:
1. That combination of feeling terrified & invincible as we hurtle wildly through narrow Bangkok streets in the capable(?) hands of a tuk-tuk driver.
2. Finding people with barely a cent to their name, but witnessing a level of happiness & contentment that makes us think twice about the trivial stuff we get annoyed with back home.
3. Straying from the beaten path and snapping *that* photo that we’ll remember for years to come.
4. Visiting an iconic site we’d seen a hundred times in photographs, yet still being amazed by its awesomeness in real life.
5. The very first interaction with a native of the new country we’re about to explore.
6. Knowing that when a plan goes awry, we can add it to an ever-growing list of tales to hysterically laugh at in the future (while secretly hoping it never happens again!).
7. Realising there are still gems to visit close to home.
8. Being a million miles from home and feeling carefree.
9. Mingling with locals and discovering a whole new experience that guidebooks don’t know about yet! Shh…
10. Learning foreign words & phrases, and then using them with confidence, despite not really knowing whether we got it right or not.
11. The wheel of the jumbo screeching along the tarmac as the plane lands.
12. Spinning the globe and deciding where that next trip will be, which usually starts when we’re on the plane ride home!
13. Finding paradise where we’d least expect it!
So tell us, what is it about traveling that you really look forward to?